Image Map

Friday, March 7, 2014

Five For Friday 3/7/14


One
I read Dr. Seuss’s book Wacky Wednesday this week and before the peaches came in I wackied my room. They loved looking around the room and finding things that were wacky. They especially loved sitting on stools at our U-shaped table instead of our regular chairs. Then I had my peaches go around giving each wacky thing a number. In all, we had 30 wacky things in my room.







Two
Next week we start my favorite unit in first grade "Home Sweet Home" not only do they get to learn about the H Brothers but they also get to learn about maps and homes! I can't wait for the new unit.


Three
Yesterday I had my fourth grader take some photos of myself teaching my peaches for future job hunting. I really love this one: 
Four
I have to post about my art project this week. Mardi Gras was this week and in honor of this day we are making Mardi Gras Shoebox floats. I can't wait to share what they came up with, here's my example:
 
My peaches posing for a Mardi Gras picture
 Five
I can't stop gushing about this tilapia recipe I tried yesterday, parmesan crusted tilapia with asparagus. It was soooo yummy. This is the receipe I followed
That wraps up my Friday! Assessments are next week for report cards, Blecch! But I know the first grader's new unit will bring excitement. 
-Ms. Perry 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fuxvNvJ2RoM/UwXkmCloDFI/AAAAAAAAWUc/sJ-hV-iXyJQ/s1600/fiveforfriday2_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Love the mardi gras theme! great ideas! The recipe looks yummy and healthy! thank you, Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete