Image Map

Friday, May 16, 2014

Five for Friday 5/16/14


Finally linking up with Doodlebug this month for Five for Friday! It's been a good while since I've been blogging. Between coordinating the yearbook and the Mother's Day tea party. Not to mention chicks hatching and going to Vegas, I can safely say I've been a very busy teacher! Now time for some Five for Fridayness! 


One
First up, our Mother’s Day Tea party. It was a complete success and I’ve gotten rave reviews from the moms and special guests. Thanks to Firstie Kidoodles, Michelle Oakes, Cara Carroll and Maria Manore for amazing printable packets for our tea party! I used a little from each one for mommy gifts and decorations. The one I felt was most useful was the Tea Time {A Mother’s Day Tea Program} by Firstie Kidoodles. She lays out everything that she does for her Mother’s Day tea program, it made it very easy to follow. We made hats for our moms, gave them a tissue paper flowers, gave them a coupon book a paper purse all about them according to their child, and a two cute pictures of them in their mom’s tea hat. I couldn’t help but spoil our moms because I kept finding fun gifts to give them. Then last minute I decided that we would sing two songs for our moms by Firstie Kidoodles. It all turned out fantastic! Best part was the raffle giveaway. We had three donations made by companies here in my little town. We were able to give away 2 strawberry rhubarb pies, a gift certificate to a local grocery store and I picked up some dollar stuff at the Dollar Tree. This was the first time I’ve taken on some leadership at my school for  a special event and it was awesome! Can’t wait for next year!
 




















Flower Day
Two
Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and man was I spoiled. We had flower day, teacher portrait day, child note to teacher day, treat day, and parent note day. Of course I loved flower day because all the kids really tried and brought in some beautiful flowers. I also loved their notes to me, it made my heart melt. My absolute favorite was the parent note. I know they appreciate the work I’ve done with their child but it was nice to hear from them how much I’ve impacted their child’s life.



Three
Two weekends ago I was soaking up the sun in Las Vegas! My college roomies/besties and I went on a mini vacay to see Britney Spears in Vegas. It was just what I needed to get me through the long month that is May. My friend and I dressed up as a Britney from one of her videos (mine is Womanizer) while the others just looked gorgeous! I love my friends and we had such a fun time in Vegas!


Besties since college!

Headed to the Britney Piece of Me Show
Saw the talented Childish Gambino the first night!


Four
Why couldn’t the chicken find her eggs? Because she mislaid them. Chicks, chicks, chicks. The kids are as squirrely as can be right now and with the chicks here it’s hard to get any work done. We incubated 42 eggs and we hatched 33! I teach in a rural area so a lot of the chicks are going home with the families at my school. They’ve even started naming and picking out their chick. Some names are Shelly, Miracle, Moonlight, Dottie, Muffball, Brownie and my favorite Ester.  We keep these cuties for 2 weeks and then their going HOME!





Five
This has been a hectic week with the chicks breaking out of their eggs and the end of school around the corner, I managed to take home my first graders water bottle. I didn’t even notice until I started to drink and felt the bite marks around the top. As I slowly pulled it from my lips and saw the name of my firstie peach I suddenly screamed in my car “OMG” Perfect end to my week, keeping my fingers crossed that he wasn’t sick!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qp1rIz_shyk/U1BG4vNltMI/AAAAAAAAW9Y/4f3k0dUFmmM/s1600/fiveforfriday2_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment